6' Black Oxide Short Olympic Bar -- York (32122)
York Barbell 6 International Olympic Weightlifting Bar | Black Oxide - The YORK® Black Oxide International Weight Bars are finished with a black Oxide coating & feature hard chrome sleeves. It is a strikingly attractive weight bar. The black oxide finish has an aggressive grip and the steel for the bar is made in the USA with a minimum 100,000 tensile.
It is less flexible, more rigid, and excellent for use when performing static, highly controlled, slow movements such as the squat, chest press, and deadlift. It is also an excellent weight bar for Olympic lift training. The sleeve is secured on the bar using a bar end nut and spring pin. Sleeves are machined to a precise 1.975” diameter to accommodate 2” Olympic Plates.
What are the advantages of purchasing a 6 Olympic bar? The biggest benefit of purchasing a 6 long Olympic bar versus a 7 bar is the smaller working space it requires. Since the 6 bar is shorter, it can be used in more confined workout areas such as home gyms, garage gyms and training studios. Unlike the 5 long Olympic bar, the 6 long bar is wide enough between the collars to be used on a squat rack or Olympic bench press. A shorter Olympic bar is easier to balance, offers a lighter starting weight and can be used in spaces where a 7 bar is just too long. Note: To reduce the length of a 7 bar down to a 6 bar there is approximately 6 removed from each sleeve on each side which will reduce the amount of sleeve space used for weight plates. A 7 bar with a sufficient weight capacity should always be used for heavy Olympic lifting.
Have a question about this item or need a quick custom quote? Call an Ironcompany.com York Barbell Equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
York Barbell 6 Black Oxide International Barbell Features and Specs:
- Bar Length: 6'
- Bar Diameter: 30mm
- Bearing/Bushing: Bushing
- Center Knurling: No
- Bar Knurling: Aggressive knurling for maximum grip
- Single/Double Marking: Single
- Sleeve Design: Split sleeve design will not loosen or detach
- Sleeve Length: 8.25"
- Distance Between Sleeve Collars: 53"
- Sleeve Coating: Chip and peel resistant hard chrome finish
- Bar Coating: Black Oxide
- Weight Limit: N/A
- Bar Weight: 45 lbs.
- Bar Warranty: 1-Year Warranty covers defects in structural integrity of bar. Warranty does not cover bending or coatings. Warranty does not cover power bars used for Olympic style lifting movements. Only Elite Olympic Competition and Olympic Training Bars should be used for Olympic-lifting movements.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS