D-Ball American-Made Medicine Balls - The "Original" Slam Ball - D-Ball can make the claim to be the pioneer of the modern slam ball as we know it today with its original design of non-bouncing medicine ball, and for proudly being the manufacturer of the ONLY slam ball MADE IN THE USA! What makes D-Ball heavy balls different from other slammer balls on the market? D-Ball starts by using polyvinyl chloride (PVC), instead of rubber like most others, that goes through a unique rotational molding process perfected by parent company Mondo Polymers. Liquid PVC is poured like molasses into a mold, baked in an oven, and then cooled down to a flexible state. Each D-Ball slammer ball has a wall thickness of 3/8” no matter the diameter, as compared to 1/8” standard to most other core training balls in the industry. During product development D-Balls go through rigorous testing in an automated slam machine, being slammed repeatedly every 5 seconds until failure. What this ensures is that you will receive the toughest, thickest, most durable slam ball on the planet, designed to be thrown on any surface with as much force as possible. Plus, the fact that the D-Ball does not bounce creates additional workload during slam ball exercises as it must be picked up off the ground each time it is thrown down!
D-Ball's philosophy is to make a fitness product that is useful always and everywhere. Instead of just sand or imported metal shot like many competitors’ slam balls, D-Ball uses a proprietary mixture of 6-7 fill materials inside each ball. Because of this, each ball will have a consistent feel no matter the weight or exercise with no “slosh” effect. By merely changing the composition of the fill material, D-Ball can vary the weight dramatically from very light to super heavy (using USA-manufactured steel shot as a heavy metal filler), all the while remaining consistent within a single diameter size. This is not true with other manufacturers, who often have to keep increasing diameter of the slam ball to accommodate more, or heavier, filler material as ball weights increase. Some sand-filled balls will clump, harden, and become permanently misshapen due to moisture exposure, also referred to as the “concrete” effect. D-Balls experience no clumping, and no hardening due to the mix of fillers used. Moreover, a vent hole in the ball plug allows each ball to adjust to atmospheric conditions such as heat, cold, air pressure, and altitude. No matter where the balls are used, or whatever the temperature, the soft feel will remain constant.
What is the proper diameter D-Ball for slam ball strength routines, conditioning and rehabilitation, and crossfit exercises? D-Ball medicine balls come in eight different diameters ranging from 3.75 inches to 15 inches. D-Ball is also one of the only manufacturers to make identical weights available in balls of different diameters. Varying the diameter of the strength ball used will completely change the dynamic of the exercise performed, from balance point to center of gravity to range of motion. In addition, different exercisers can in effect “personalize” the right size ball to their specific frame size or ball handling preference, and then choose the best weight that matches their needs within their functional training workouts. Also known as the supersized D-Ball ATLAS BALL, D-Ball 15 inch weighted strength balls and super heavy slam balls are available in 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 275, and 300 pound increments.
The 15” heavy duty D-Ball is best utilized for strongman training where the athlete cradles his or her arms around the ball and locks hands, picks it up, and then sets it down on an elevated platform or back on the ground. Using a super heavy D-Ball for strength training and technique training is great practice for lifting an atlas stone in strongman competition. Plus, the softer and smoother surface of the ball is safer and more forgiving on the arms, legs, and torso should the ball be dropped from exhaustion as compared to an actual atlas stone made from concrete.
How can American Made Heavy-Duty D-Ball Medicine Slammer Balls be purchased on GSA or CMAS contract through Ironcompany.com? They can be purchased through GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A through the GSA Advantage website, by calling an Ironcompany.com GSA sales rep at 1-888-758-7527 or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses D-Ball Medicine Balls?
- Strongman Competitors
- High School and Collegiate Sports Teams
- Cross Fit Gyms and Competition Teams
- Athletes from many disciplines, including football, basketball, baseball, soccer and swimming
- Fire Departments
- Military and Law Enforcement
- Search and Rescue Teams
- (1) 15" diameter D-Ball Medicine Ball
- Proudly MADE IN THE USA
- Color: Yellow or Black
- 15" Diameter (all weights)
- 3/8" PVC wall thickness
- Non-tacky feel
- Soft for a firm hold
- Raised dimple texture for sure grip
- Raised rib rings for additional ease of grip
- Intended for use with:
- Atlas stone training
- Slams and throw downs
- Strongman training
- Strength training
- Warranty: 1 Year for institutional use / 2 Years for individual use
Tips for Choosing the Right Weight and Diameter
DBall medicine balls come in a variety of colors, sizes, and weights to train a variety of physical modalities. In general, smaller and lighter balls should be used to train for speed and agility, while heavier medicine balls are used for strength-based or power training.
- Determine whether the ball will be used for throwing, catching, or simply added resistance as this will determine whether you should select a standard ball or a specialty ball.
- Choose a weight that is heavy enough to slow the motion but not so heavy that accuracy, control, or range of motion is lessened. Fatigue at the end of a workout will diminish motor skills, therefore choosing a ball that allows you to maintain control even when tired is imperative.
- For power training, it is recommended you choose a ball that is 30-50% of the one rep max of a similar weight training exercise.
- To ensure progressive training over time, be sure to choose a medicine ball set that allows you to continually increase the weight for various exercises you will be performing while still maintaining control.
- It is often better to choose a lighter ball and gradually increase the resistance over time. This ensures proper technique is learned and maintained.
- Choose the size of medicine ball based on the specific movements that you will be doing. For example, medicine ball throws and slams may require a medium sized ball, while medicine ball cleans may work better with a much larger ball.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Need a fast quote today for a custom medicine ball set or group fitness package? Call 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com
Item Number: DB15 ProdID_21159
Product Name: 15 inch USA-Made Slam Ball - Non-Bounce Medicine Ball -- D-Ball (DB15)
Manufacturer Part No: DB15