Series I Uni-Lock Commercial Solid Head Urethane Dumbbells -- American Barbell (DBAB1)
American Barbell Series I Uni-Lock Commercial Fixed Solid Head Urethane Dumbbells - Series I Uni-Lock commercial dumbbells by American Barbell offer an exclusive locking design used to permanently attach the solid steel urethane coated heads to each solid steel "Unilock" dumbbell handle. A traditional bolt-together dumbbell, such as a Pro-Style dumbbell, uses an internally threaded dumbbell handle shaft that accepts a 5/8" fine thread Allen bolt to lock the multiple cast iron plates and handles together as one. While the Pro-Style dumbbell is a very strong dumbbell design used in commercial gyms, it is hamstrung by this Allen bolt that can often loosen when the dumbbells are dropped even with the use of a professional thread locker such as Loctite. To solve this age old problem, designers at American Barbell reverse engineered the Pro-Style dumbbell threading the dumbbell handle shaft itself with a course thread and then giving it a massive steel locking nut that will not back off even under the most severe impact. The solid steel heads and entire dumbbell itself stays locked together and secure removing any liability issues.
If your dumbbells will live in a harsh environment, such as a commercial club or military base, consider American Barbell Series I Dumbbells featuring splined handles with U.S. patented anti-loosening technology. The American Barbell handle splines are visible grooves between the course Uni-Lock thread and the shoulder of the handle. As the solid dumbbell head is press fit onto the shaft of the handle with 25,000 PSI of force from a hydraulic press, these splines cut their own grooves into the steel of the head locking them into place and never allowing the head to spin or come loose. The proprietary handle splines are essentially a solid head dumbbell insurance policy for harsh commercial environments that can only be found on American Barbell dumbbells. With this technology, the dumbbell handle to head connection gets stronger the more its dropped.
American Barbell Series I Urethane Dumbbells were originally designed and distributed by GP Industries as the GP Series I Uni-Lock Dumbbell (DBS1) with nearly 2 decades of development, and continue to be produced today under the American Barbell brand name with the same industry-respected engineering and commercial quality. The dumbbell head features black textured premium-grade German urethane bonded to a solid steel core that is 90 times stronger than rubber, with easy to read permanently molded numbers in gray. It is designed to hold up in high use gym environments and does not show the wear and tear that gloss and non-textured urethane dumbbells show, ensuring that your dumbbells look as great as they perform over time. A larger radius on the outside and inside edges make these dumbbells comfortable to use in any exercise, specifically when the dumbbell comes in contact with your body. Add in the US made high-strength steel chrome plated handle with great knurling that comfortably fits any hand, and you will know you are using one of the best dumbbells on the market today. American Barbell premium German urethane is super tough and is bonded to the steel core, unlike the majority of dumbbells available today. Urethane will never dry rot and is odorless.
Looking for heavy dumbbell pairs or heavy dumbbell sets? The American Barbell Series I Uni-Lock Dumbbells go beyond 150 lbs. which is where most manufacturers stop. For the hard core weight lifter and power lifter we offer 160 lb. to 200 lb. dumbbells in 10 lb. increments upon request (inquire for more details).
Need a quick custom quote or a bulk discount? Call an IRON COMPANY® free weight specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email email@example.com
- DBAB1-SET-5 - (1) Pair each of 7.5, 12.5, 17.5, 22.5 and 27.5 lbs. (175 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-1 - (1) Pair each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 lbs. (550 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-3 - (1) Pair each of 105, 110, 115, 120 and 125 lbs. (1,150 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-4 - (1) Pair each of 130, 135, 140, 145 and 150 lbs. (1,400 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-2 - (1) Pair each of 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 lbs. (1,550 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-1-2 - (1) Pair each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 lbs. (2,100 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-1-2-3 - (1) Pair each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 and 125 lbs. (3,250 lbs. total)
- DBAB1-SET-1-2-3-4 - (1) Pair each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145 and 150 lbs. (4,650 lbs. total)
- Commercial quality for use in clubs, CrossFit boxes and military fitness centers
- Solid steel heads are precision drilled and bored to ensure close tolerance and weight accuracy
- Heads are coated in high quality, impact resistant black textured urethane from Germany that is odorless and will not crack or fade
- Weight sizes are permanently engraved into each dumbbell head and will not wear off
- High strength steel handles measure 1.25" (32mm) diameter from 5-95 lbs. and 1.38" (35mm) from 100-200 lbs.
- USA Made 1045 Steel Chrome Plated Handles rated at 130,000 PSI tensile strength
- Straight medium knurl on handles
- Splined handles with anti-loosening technology greatly decrease the chance of solid dumbbell heads ever coming loose
- The radius of each steel slug is chamfered on the outside to displace the force of the impact between the steel slug and urethane coating for longer impact resistance
- Quieter workouts compared to uncoated solid steel or cast iron dumbbells
- Great for total body toning, strengthening and muscle building
- Super heavy dumbbell sizes available from 160-200 lbs. in 10 lb. increments upon request
- 5-Year commercial warranty against factory defects
- US Patent # 7,740,569 US 6,602,169
Detail of Splined Handle Anti-Loosening Technology
- Garage gyms
- Commercial gyms
- Training studios
- CrossFit boxes
- Military fitness
OPTIONAL Custom Logo Designs available upon request with upcharge and minimum order requirement. For more information or pricing contact an IRON COMPANY® sales rep at 888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.5-27.5 and 5-50 lb. Sets = Freight cost included within the lower 48 states only.
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
55-100 to 5-150 lb. Sets = Freight cost included within the lower 48 states only.
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.