Dog Bone Grip Rig and Cable Attachment for Grip Strength Training – Body-Solid (BSTDB)
Body-Solid BSTDB Dog Bone Grip Training Tool – The BSTDB Dog Bone Grip by Body-Solid is a multi-purpose strength training tool featuring two surfaces for grip strength workouts, bodyweight exercises, and strongman training. The center portion of the Dog Bone has a 2-inch fat grip diameter for overhand grip (pronated grip with palms facing outward away from face or body) or underhand grip (supinated grip with palms facing inward towards face or body). Or, challenge yourself further by grabbing the oversized spherical ends with 3-inch diameter to increase grip strength in the hand, fingers, and forearms.
To use as a bodyweight training tool, attach the Dog Bone Grip to any pull-up bar on a power rack, modular rig, half cage, or wall-mounted chin-up bar. The commercial-grade nylon hang strap will wrap several times around the bar and through the D-ring attached via caribineer to the welded attachment anchor, and is then strongly and safely secured first by a hook and loop closure that fastens vertically followed by a second hook and loop closure that goes horizontally around the bundled strap. This multi-layered wrap shortens the distance between the attachment and bar to only a few inches to avoid creating additional swing during exercise. The cannonball grips on the end of the Dog Bone are nearly equal in size to a baseball, making them a great fit in the palm of the hands. The textured paint finish creates a secure gripping surface between hand and ball to help avoid slipping during use and allow the athlete to hold on until muscle fatigue takes over and prevents further repetitions or timed holds.
To use as a gym machine cable attachment, remove the nylon hang strap and D-ring from the carabiner. Attach the carabiner directly to the cable end of an upper pulley, lower pulley, or mid pulley. Using both hands grip the Dog Bone and use for seated cable rows, neutral grip lat pull downs, reverse grip lat pull downs, bent over rows, standing curls, seated curls, tricep pressdowns, or overhead tricep extensions.
Utilize the Dog Bone as a strength training tool for weight lifting, power lifting, and strong man training. Employ a two handed grip, or a try a single handed grip with split finger hold (attachment anchor between middle and ring fingers). Attach the Dog Bone to an Olympic bar, dumbbell handle, kettlebell handle, or grip plate slot for upright rows, shrugs, deadlifts, and weighted hand holds to push your grip to a new level. The Dog Bone is also ideal for performing farmers walks to strengthen your hand grip as well as forearms.
- (1) Dog Bone Grip Attachment
- (1) Carabiner
- (1) Hang Strap
Looking for additional grip strength training tools? Contact an IRON COMPANY® functional training equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welded steel construction
- Non-slip red matte textured powder coat paint finish
- Overall Length: 14.8"
- 3" diameter grip ball ends
- 9" distance between ball ends with 2" grip diameter
- Heavy-duty adjustable nylon hang strap with metal D-ring
- Double hook and loop closure system for fastening
- Strap length: 12" long before fastening, 4" hang length when fastened
- Sturdy carabiner for use with nylon hang strap or for attachment directly to machine cables
- For use with pull-up bars, barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, grip plates, selectorized machine cable ends
- Ideal for home gyms, garage gyms, or commercial gyms
- Maximum recommended user weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Pull-up bar, rig, and cable machine sold SEPARATELY
- Unit Dimensions: 14.8" L x 3.0" W x 3.0" H
- Unit Weight: 4.0 lbs.
- Ships by FedEx Ground
- Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
- Additional shipping cost applies to AK, HI, PR