Proformance Plus PPS-232 Seated Leg Curl - The Proformance Plus Seated Leg Curl by TuffStuff allows you to isolate your hamstrings, placing particular emphasis on the semitendinosus and semimembranosus, or inner hamstring muscles. The relatively straight body position of a prone leg curl causes the biceps femoris, or outer hamstring muscle, to work harder. With the legs bent at the hips at about a 90° angle to the torso, the seated leg curl targets the inner hamstrings more directly. While this subtle distinction may seem trivial at first glance, there are at least two instances where it becomes critically important. If you are involved in a running or sprinting sport, hamstring pulls are always a concern. One of the best ways to prevent pulls is to strengthen the the entire hamstrings. Likewise, if you are involved in bodybuilding or physique competition, you can’t afford a lagging muscle group and may well need to spend some time focusing on the inner hamstrings. A simple way to cover your bases would be to alternate lying and seated leg curls from week to week to work the outer and inner hamstrings equally.
The Proformance Plus Leg Curl offers several key features to ensure that you get the maximum possible benefit from the exercise. The seat is purposely angled in a biomechanically correct position. The gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment with the pivot arm. After entering the machine, the thigh hold-down pad is adjustable with a pop pin and should be situated so that it is firmly against your thighs. Built-in handles offer control and support, and the self-aligning foot roller requires no adjustment.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Seated Leg Curl Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 64” L x 41” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Cam: Charcoal texture, powder coat, solid aluminum, variable resistance cam designed specifically for each machine
- Seat: Biomechanically correct angled seat position
- Thigh Hold-down Pad: Thigh hold-down pad adjusts with pop pin and includes built-in support handles
- Back Support: Gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment with the pivot arm
- Foot Roller: Self-aligning foot roller with counter-balanced pivot arm
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 560 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Seated Leg Curl?:
- Isolate your hamstrings, particularly the inner hamstrings, to prevent pulls and to create a balanced physique
- Biomechanically correct angled seat position
- Adjustable thigh hold-down pad with support handles
- Gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment
- Self aligning foot roller with counter-balanced pivot arm
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a bulk purchase of selectorized equipment for a gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Item Number: PPS-232 ProdID_19993
Product Name: Proformance Plus Seated Leg Curl -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-232)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-232