Modular Multi Functional Trap Bar - Step Thru Olympic Hex Bar – Iron Company (ICMODFBAR)
Open or Closed Frame Construction
Weight Plates NOT Included
Modular Multi Functional Olympic Bar The Modular Functional Bar, or "ModF" Bar for short, is a specialty Olympic weightlifting bar designed for strength training, strongman lifts, and loaded carries. Traditional Olympic hex bars, also known as trap bars, use a box-frame construction where the lifter steps inside the middle of the bar and between the weight load to then perform deadlift and trap shrug exercises safely and without friction or pressure from a bar against the shins and thighs. The IC ModF Bar stands as an evolution from the traditional hex bar, with one small yet very important change to make it even more functional and far more versatile. The Multi Functional Bar features an open, step thru design on one side, allowing the lifter to not only enter and exit the bar with more ease, but also allow greater range of motion for open movement and a wider variety of exercises for functional strength training. The unique design of the Multi Functional Bar will maximize the number of things you can do with one bar. Perform deadlifts, trap shrugs, lunges, overhead presses, stationary box lunges, single leg squats, plyo step ups, yolk carries, Zercher carries, Zercher squats, Zercher deadlifts, Farmers Walk carries (both single handed and two-handed), and more outside the box exercises. And, just as important as functionality, the IC MODFBAR gives you the option to keep your training interesting and fun so you can keep moving forward in strength gains.
At nearly 7 feet in length, the ICMODFBAR Multi Functional Bar is a true Olympic bar in the sense that it can be racked onto most squat racks, half cages, power cages, and wall-mounted cage rigs. The bar will accommodate placement on J-hooks between the inside collar (behind the loadable sleeves) and the angled frame bends of the inside hex. This is not only great for storage but allows you to load and unload your bar to maximum weight much more easily when elevated off of the ground. This is especially true when utilizing bumper plates that are all the same diameter by placing your bar on the outside hooks of a rack you don't have to expend extra energy (or risk back injury) to lift each bar end to change out weight plates. Save your strength, and your back, for heavy duty training to build massive quads, hamstrings, and traps!
Another great design feature of the ICMODFBAR is the dual set of grip handles that are ergonomically angled to provide different hand positions (inward or outward) for change of muscle focus or to meet user preference for comfort. The bottom set of handles is on the same center line as the rest of the bar. The top set of handles is raised 3-1/2 inches above the center line. This feature is great for users that don't necessary have the mobility to maintain proper technique if grabbing the bottom handles. The center portion of each handle has knurling for a sure grip. There is also a small non-knurled ring in the middle of each knurling area which designates the center line of the bar (and thus where exactly to grip). When using a trap bar, the center line is very important for proper weight balance and distribution, regardless of the shape, design, or manufacturer.
How is the MODF BAR "modular"? Some training facilities may prefer the more traditional closed frame design, but are still seeking a longer, heavy duty hex bar that will handle super heavy loads. The IC ModF Bar comes with the additional framing piece that can be attached using 4 bolts to the main frame, thus "closing the box" and providing a fully encased frame surrounding the lifter. Constructing the modular bar in this fashion will provide additional strength and rigidity especially under the heaviest of loads.
- Commercial-rated for use in clubs, crossfit boxes, or garage gyms
- 65 lbs. unloaded weight
- 83-3/8" total length
- Fits on standard racks similar to a straight Olympic bar
- Open-ended, walk-thru hex design makes more strength movements possible
- Closed frame design created by attaching included frame piece to open side utilizing attachment pins
- 11-gauge (3mm thick) 2 inch reinforced square tube steel frame construction
- Corner gussets for added frame strength
- Matte black powder coated frame finish
- 1-1/4" (32mm) diameter solid steel handles
- High and low handles angled for comfort and proper lifting biomechanics
- Raised handles are 5-1/2 inches above center line of bar
- Horizontal distance between handles along center line of bar is 27-1/2 inches
- Knurling on all handles with non-knurled ring to indicate center line of bar
- Fixed Olympic weight sleeves (non-rotating) with 15-1/2 inches of loadable length
- Sleeve diameter 2 inches for use with Olympic plates and bumper plates
- Rubber end caps to protect sleeve ends from contact with ground or if stored in a vertical bar holder
- Recommended max weight load: 700 lbs. with open frame
- Weight plates sold separately
- Proudly MADE IN THE USA
- Unit Dimensions: 83-3/8" L x 29-7/8" W x 7-7/8" H
- Unit Weight: 65 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed): 45" L x 32" W x 9" H
- Shipping Weight: 80 lbs.
Use the Multi Functional Trap Bar to perform Zercher lifts for building the traps, strengthening the abs, increasing glute and quad activation, improving the front squat, and even working the biceps. Zercher refers to the location of the barbell during lifts and loaded carries. Hold the bar in the crook of your elbows and then squat, deadlift, or carry the load.
Need bumpers plates or a wooden plyo box to use with your Multi Functional Hex Bar? Contact an IRON COMPANY® cross-training equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS