Proformance Plus PPL-930 Seated Row - The Proformance Plus Seated Row by TuffStuff will enable you to attack your lats and mid-back like few other exercises. Even diehard free weight proponents will find the seated row superior to many rowing movements that can be done with barbells or dumbbells. Anyone who has ever performed barbell bentover rows knows all too well that the lower back nearly always fatigues first, forcing the set to be terminated well before the lats have been exhausted. While dumbbell rows are a slightly better option for preserving the lower back, they often degenerate into a heaving and twisting affair that relies more on momentum than on muscle power to move the weight. These limitations do not exist with the seated row. The main reason the seated row is so effective is because the lower back is supported throughout the movement by the chest pad. Without having to worry about stabilizing the lower back with an awkward and demanding static contraction, the lifter is free to concentrate all his or her energy on pulling the handles with the lats and mid-back. If you’re after the sort of back development that causes jaws to drop as you walk away, look no further than this smartly designed seated back row machine.
The Proformance Plus Plate Loaded Seated Row manages to incorporate a simple, low maintenance design while also including every important design feature you could want in a superior rowing machine. Independent pivot arms allow unilateral movement, and the 360° articulating u-grip handles permit user defined hand positioning. Row with your palms down, facing, or anywhere in between. The chest support pad adjusts with a pop pin for users of different arm lengths. The adjustable seat pad not only accommodates users of different heights but also allows subtle variations in the way you target the muscles. A lower seat position hits the upper back more directly, while a higher seat position focuses on the mid back. Experiment with different hand and seat positioning to achieve just the right mind-muscle connection that leads to the best results for your particular body type. Regardless of how strong you become, the 8.5” weight horns enable you to load plenty of plates, and the low profile and three-point floor contact mean the machine won’t wobble even with strenuous use.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Seated Row Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 54” L x 39” W x 39” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Independent Pivot Arms: Allow unilateral movement for equal loading on each side of the body
- Handles: 360° Articulating U-Grip handles swivel to permit user defined hand positioning
- Adjustable Chest Support Pad: Pop pin adjustment accommodates users of different arm lengths
- Adjustable Seat Height: Use pop pin to move seat up and down for users of different heights and to target the upper or mid back more directly, depending on your goals
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Weight Horns: 8.5” long weight horns allow ample loading space so that you won’t outgrow this machine
- Feet: Includes steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Footprint: Low profile design with three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 150 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Seated Row?:
- Attack your lats and mid-back without stressing your lumbar spine
- Independent pivot arms allow unilateral movement for even development
- 360° articulating u-grip handles permit user defined hand positioning
- Chest support pad and seat pad adjust for users of different arm lengths and heights
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking for seated rows for your gym or fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com weight training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Item Number: PPL-930 ProdID_20020
Product Name: Proformance Plus Seated Row -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-930)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-930