Proformance Plus PPL-960 Leg Press - The Proformance Plus 45 Degree Plate Loaded Leg Press by TuffStuff Fitness can help you take your leg training to the next level. Though squats may be the “king” of strength training exercises, they have one significant limitation. For many lifters, the weak link in the squatting chain is the lower back, which tires much faster than the legs. Sets are often terminated not because the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and hips have been fully fatigued, but because the lower back will no longer cooperate. As a result, leg strength and development never quite reaches its full potential. Enter the leg press - the perfect machine for overloading the leg musculature while sparing the lower back. Used as an adjunct to squatting or as a primary lift, the leg press should be a “leg day” staple in your training.
The Proformance Plus Leg Press is that rare breed of machine that is both ruggedly built and also offers key amenities that improve its function. Bi-level weight holders offer a whopping 1,000-pound capacity for the strongest legs out there, while the dual self-aligning 1-½” linear bearing system insures that the cage moves smoothly even when fully loaded. Whether you place your feet high on the carriage to target the hamstrings and glutes or low to target the quadriceps, the oversized convex footplate design assures correct ankle and knee positioning throughout full range of motion. The heavy duty back support offers multiple angle adjustments and an adjustable headrest attachment, so that you’ll lift in relative comfort even when pushing your limits. When you reach those limits and can’t quite complete that last rep, just reach for the dual safety catch and release handles for a smooth exit.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Leg Press Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 104” L x 65” W x 58” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus leg press back pads come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Shafts: 1.5” precision ground tempered solid steel guide rod shafts are case hardened for durability and smooth travel
- Linear Bearing System: Dual self-aligning, fully enclosed 1.5" linear bearing system for the smoothest carriage travel
- Angle: 35° angle of travel with starting weight at 90 pounds
- Footplate: Oversized convex footplate design provides correct ankle and knee positioning, minimizing stress on joints
- Back Pad: Heavy-duty back support pad with multiple pop-pin angle adjustments
- Headrest: Headrest promotes proper spine alignment during lift
- Safety Catches: Dual safety catch and release handles
- Support Handles: Built-in support handles add stability
- Assist Handle: Assist handle directly above footplate assists lifers in and out of the press
- Weight Horns: 14.5” long side weight horns and 7.5” top weight horns accommodate even the strongest legs
- Weight Capacity: 1,000 lbs. With a 95 lb. starting weight
- Weight Storage: Four built-in Olympic plate holders come standard and include rubber stoppers to help avoid plate-to-frame contact
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet designed for floor anchoring to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 555 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Leg Press?:
- Dual self-aligning 1-1/2” linear bearing system
- Dual safety catch and release handles
- Oversized convex footplate design assures correct ankle and knee positioning throughout full range of motion
- Custom convex press plate design with calf block and bi-level weight holders of 1000 lbs. load capacity (starting weight 95 lbs.)
- Heavy duty back support construction with multiple angle adjustments and adjustable headrest attachment
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Have a question about this leg press or any other TuffStuff strength equipment? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-960 ProdID_20027
Product Name: Proformance Plus 45 Degree Leg Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-960)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-960