Johnny G Spirit Bike - Indoor Cycle Trainer – Spirit Fitness (JB950)
Belt Drive with Magnetic Resistance
Touch Electronic Shifting
Johnny G Spirit Bike by Spirit Fitness – The Johnny G Spirit Bike from Spirit Fitness is a premium commercial-grade indoor cycling bike for performing authentic cycle training workouts and cardiovascular exercise in a group fitness setting or in the comfort of one's own home. The Johnny G Spirit Bike is an indoor training bike like no other, drawing from the rich fitness history surrounding indoor cycling pioneer and visionary Johnny G himself and boldly forging into the future. The Johnny G Spirit Bike is the "next generation" evolution of the classic indoor cycling bike, taking Johnny G's legendary commercial indoor cycling training program developed in 1987 to new levels with a forward-thinking bike design that envisions style, sophistication, ergonomic design, and performance like no other for the modern fitness age. The electronically-controlled, magnetic resistance system allows users to duplicate, replicate and differentiate their training sessions. Performance metrics are accessible at all times on the high-visibility LED display. The cockpit-style console has been strategically crafted to transport you into an elevated state of performance. The Johnny G Spirit Bike stays true to its inventor's namesake by incorporating his love for biking, technology, and design and by celebrating the integration of mind and body. Maximize your own potential and empower yourself to cultivate a life of passion, health and happiness through sport.
"It takes one moment to change your attitude, and in that moment, you can change your life." – Johnny G
Johnny G Spirit Bike Design Elements:
- Electronically controlled magnetic resistance system with multiple adjustment touchpoints for electronic shifting
- Belt drive system provides the feel of a road bike
- Hybrid-feel toothed cog-drive and Kevlar timing belt
- Proprietary handlebar design for comfort and resistance buttons at your fingertips regardless of ride position
- Solid steel construction and triple powder coated for durability
- Smart, Bluetooth® and ANT+™ enabled electronics
Purchase Spirit Fitness Commercial Indoor Cycles on GSA contract – All Spirit Fitness commercial cardio equipment can be purchased from IRON COMPANY® on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
Need multiple indoor cycle trainers for a group fitness class or cycling studio? Call an IRON COMPANY® cardio equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Belt Drive System – Conti Syncroforce® and FleXonic Poly V® belts deliver a unique feel of a road bike. Since the belt has cogs (teeth), it feels more like a chain but has the durability and maintenance-free care of a belt.
- Self Powered - No Batteries Required – The Johnny G Spirit Bike creates its own power with a generator built into the bike. A unique circuit design stores enough power to retain the workout information for at least 10 minutes and maintains connection to all user devices and leader boards when the user stops pedaling. Unlike many other bikes, absolutely NO batteries are used in this bike.
- Touch Electronic Shifting – Touch sensitive electronic shifting instead of industry-standard resistance knob. Allows the ability to repeat workouts using easy-to-remember level readings. In group fitness settings, allows both riders and instructions to easily get on the same page for level intensity.
- Cockpit-Style Console – The concept for the console has always been to give the rider the feeling of being in a cockpit looking at a Heads-Up Display.
- Handle Bar Design – Multi-position ergonomic handlebar with 2 resistance buttons for "+" or "-". Very comfortable and versatile.
- Q Factor – Minimal 168 mm / 6.6 inch Q-Factor for proper ergonomic alignment.
- Clamshell Monocoque Frame – Seamless all steel frame with NO welds. Simple geometry creating a riding experience more like a road bike with frame flex and feel. Powder coated and electroplated for attractiveness and durability. Completely sweat resistant frame and electronics. "Curb appeal" unlike any other indoor bike available today.
- Display – 23 characters with 6 data metrics at a glance, multi-color heart rate and power zone indicator LEDs
- Programs – Heart rate zone, power zone, lap, Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test, quick start
- Workout Summary – Time, distance, watt avg, watt peak, speed avg, speed peak, heart rate avg, heart rate peak, RPM avg, RPM peak, lap, % time in heart rate zone, % time in power zone
- Function Keys – Forward control pad with resistance and play button to start workout from warm-up, includes additional resistance buttons at handlebar ends
- Power Requirements – Generator drive system with power save function to store workout data for 10 minutes after pedalling has stopped
- Communication Module – Bluetooth® FTMS channels and ANT+™, compatible with Myzone™, Garmin® and leaderboards
CALIBRATED POWER METER:
The Johnny G electronic shifting bike incorporates a power meter that is both accurate and reliable with consistently repeatable watt power measurements. The watt readout on the Johnny G cockpit display meets or exceeds the stringent CE standard for power displays on stationary exercise bikes. All Johnny G bikes are CE certified.
- The Johnny G bike uses a high resolution RPM speed sensor, closed loop control shifter positioning and a dynamometer generated watt table in the software to ensure accurate watt readings.
- Every Johnny G bike is calibrated on a dynamometer during manufacturing so you can be sure that each and every bike in your facility has the same watt reading on the display and the same torque at the pedal.
- The Johnny G bike never goes out of calibration so the power reading accuracy will be the same today as it will be a year from today.
What is the difference between a dynamometer calibrated bike versus one that uses a strain gauge for power readings?
- A strain gauge measurement for power (aka Power Tap) on a group exercise bike is actually carried over from the bicycle industry. There is no other reasonable way to measure power on an outdoor bicycle other than a strain gauge. The reason for a strain gauge on an indoor stationary bike is because all group bikes use manual control for resistance so there was no accurate way to measure power without a strain gauge…until now.
- The Johnny G bike incorporates electronic shifting, the first in the industry. Built into the electronic shifter is a high resolution feedback sensor for closed loop control that ensures the resistance level setting is exactly the same every time on every bike. Because of the high accuracy of the shifter the Johnny G bike can maintain a high level of accuracy on the power meter.
- Strain gauges are notorious for inaccuracy and poor reliability. Strain gauges are prone to drift (variation of measurements) over time and changes in temperature and high torque conditions. All indoor group bikes suffer from these problems and require frequent calibration to return the bike to proper measurements. That still does not ensure accuracy as proven by measuring the ICG 7 in lab tests, which was off by 20% out of the box. After calibration it was still off by over 15% at certain levels and speeds.
- The Johnny G bike measures power without strain gauges. The Johnny G method for measuring power guarantees the level of accuracy never changes and the bike never needs calibration. This means you can be assured of continuous trouble free operation and accuracy of your new Johnny G bike.
- The watt reading on the console comes from a watt look-up table in the software, high resolution RPM sensor to ensure watt reading changes rapidly as pedal speed increases, and precision brake settings. The watt table details the watt measurement at each level and at RPM input from 30 to 150 pedal RPM. Every bike is then calibrated on a dynamometer in the factory to ensure accuracy to CE standards for ergometers. Spirit employs this same method in their medical bike ergometers which meet stringent medical certification standards.
What type of rider are you? Use the Johnny G Spirit Bike to match your workout style:
Visual and Data Focused Rider:
- Heart Rate based classes via the color zones
- Wattage (Power and Functional Threshold Power - FTP) via the FTP color zones
- The visual class experience utilizing products that deliver exertainment and gamification formats
Party on a Bike Rhythm Rider:
- Pre-choreographed programs such as Les Mills RPM and Sprint classes
- Beat matching where music supports, matches and leads the journey
Purist Class Offering or The Solo Rider:
- The classic experience where cadence is king and music supports the ride
- A bike that matches their outdoor riding via the geometry, the set-up, riding on the hoods and the drops in their training
- Resistance Control: Electronically controlled magnetic resistance with multi-touch point adjustments
- Resistance Levels: 20
- Drivetrain: Conti Synchroforce® HTD and Hutchinson® FleXonic® Poly V® belts
- Safety Stop: Braking lever to stop flywheel
- Seat and Handlebar Adjustments: Up/Down – locking pop-pin | Fore/Aft – lever lock
- Flywheel: 46 lbs. | 21 kg
- Crank Arms: 6.7 inches | 170 mm
- Q-Factor: 6.6 inches | 168 mm
- Seat: Anatomically optimized Relief-Zone seat to maximize comfort in the saddle
- Pedals: Dual sided with SPD and straps
- Frame Construction: Solid steel with 3 layers of protection (plated, powder-coated and clear coat)
- Leveler Feet: Rubber to protect flooring
- Water Bottle Cages: Dual water bottle holders on handlebars (water bottles NOT included)
- Certificates and Patents: CE(EN957), UL, CSA, and FCC | Patent pending
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs. | 159 kg
- Assembled Dimensions: 49" L x 20" W x 43" H | 125 x 50 x 110 cm (L x W x H)
- Product Weight: 151 lbs. | 68 kg
- Shipping Configuration:
- Boxed Only – 52" L x 11" W x 41" H | 168 lbs.
- Boxed on Pallet – 67" L x 23" W x 47" H | 191 lbs. (Freight Shipping Class 175)
Full Commercial (all facilities regardless of usage, no restrictions):
- Frame – 10 Years
- Parts and Electronics – 2 Years
- Labor – 2 Years
- Wear Items – 1 Year
- Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
- Additional shipping cost applies to AK, HI, PR and select “high cost” delivery zones
- Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet
- This item qualifies for curbside delivery only (or delivery to dock) and will be delivered to a location at your destination that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the driver’s discretion
- Customers are required to be available at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt
- On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service